TUI is resuming its vacation to destinations such as Spain, Greece and Croatia this week despite the cancellation of a number of other vacations in August.
Image: LightRocket via Getty Images)
TUI is restarting a number of holidays this week, including popular hot spots like Spain, Greece and Croatia, despite the unveiling of a number of other holiday cancellations for August.
The travel giant resumed flights to Dubrovnik in Croatia on Sunday August 1, and this week it will also roll out routes to Split and Pula.
Meanwhile, those wishing to travel to Greece for the summer will be able to choose from routes such as Santorini, Kefalonia, Thassos, Halkidiki, Samos and Parga.
There will also be a resumption of flights and packages to Reus in mainland Spain. For those looking for somewhere a little longer-haul, the travel company recently resumed flights to the Caribbean hotspot of Jamaica.
Lonely Planet Images)
Croatia is currently on England’s green list. This means that currently Britons returning to the UK will not need to self-isolate, although they will have to take a PCR test on the second day. (It should be noted that the green watch list means that a country is more at risk of turning orange).
Spain Greece and Jamaica are currently on the Amber List, which means Britons will have to self-isolate for 10 days and pass PCR tests on days two and eight. However, those who are fully vaccinated against Covid can bypass self-isolation.
The next review of UK green, orange and red destinations is expected to be announced later this week. There are many factors that come into play when it comes to the location of countries, but there are greenlist candidates, including dream destinations like Saint Lucia and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Where TUI offers vacations
The travel agency is already offering vacations to a number of green and orange destinations, although it has said it will not operate packages to countries on the red list.
Green : Madeira, Porto Santo Antigua, Barbados, Gibraltar, Grenada, Iceland, Jersey, as well as Malta on non-TUI flights.
amber : Balearic Islands (Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca), Canaries (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma and Tenerife), Greece (Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes, Skiathos and Zakynthos), Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos), Jamaica, Continent Spain (Alicante and Malaga), Morocco (Marrakech), Portugal and Saint Lucia.
This week, new destinations added to the lineup include:
- From August 2: Croatia (Split), Morocco (Agadir), Greece (Halkidiki) and Switzerland (TUI Lakes & Mountains) with non-TUI flights
- From August 3: Croatia (Pula) and Greece (Santorini)
- From August 5: Greece (Samos)
- From August 7: Mainland Spain (Reus)
If you’re planning a trip abroad, there are some great deals on offer right now, including:
- TUI has free places for children during Greece holidays for 2021, including school holidays – book here.
- Mirror Holidays has tempting summer deals including non-quarantine breaks – book here.
- Eurocamp is offering up to 20% off summer holidays in August – book here.
- easyJet Holidays is offering up to 25% off flights on select summer vacations – book here.
You can also sign up for The Mirror’s travel newsletter for a weekly dose of vacation deals, news and inspiration.
This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on the sales we generate from it.Learn more
Always check for the latest Foreign Office advice for a destination before booking a trip – this is where you’ll find key information, including entry requirements for UK travelers.
TUI has partnered with Chronomics to offer test kits starting at Â£ 20 for anyone booking their package holidays to Green and Orange List destinations this summer. (These only include the tests you need when you return to the UK, although there are discounted tests available if you need them for the destination you are traveling to).
Latest cancellations from TUI
AFP / Getty Images)
Of course, there remains a lot of uncertainty regarding travel to certain destinations due to ongoing restrictions, so TUI has had to cancel a number of vacations as a result.
These currently include:
- Up to and including 1 st August: Switzerland (TUI Lakes & Mountains) with non-TUI flights
- Up to 10 included e August: Italy (TUI Lakes & Mountains) with non-TUI flights
- Up to 15 years inclusive e August: Aruba, Florida, Mexico (Cancun) and Turkey, Austria, Slovenia (TUI Lakes & Mountains, including non-TUI flights), India, Indonesia, Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand (Phuket), Arab Emirates United and United States (non TUI flights)
- Up to 4 included e September: Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) and Tunisia, Canada, Kenya, Seychelles and Tobago (non TUI flights)
- Until 31 inclusive st October: Bulgaria, mainland Spain (Girona), Malta (except non-TUI flights), Montenegro and Italy (Sicily, Sardinia, Calabria)
The travel agency said it will offer options to affected customers, including a full cash refund, or a change to a later date or to an alternative vacation with a booking incentive.
You can read more on the TUI website here.